Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vacation Prep and Some Crafting Updates


So the following post was written last week.  However, I didn't actually get a chance to post it before I left for vacation.  I figured I'd post it now before I compose a post about my actual vacation.  

***************************************  

Only a few days left until I go on vacation!  I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to it (minus the fact that I’m in grad school and will have to do homework while I’m there). 

I’m going with Fiancé, some family, and Misty (aka the old lab/pit mix that accompanied me on my afore blogged about woods walk).  Nothing like an 8-hour car ride to get you far the heck away from all the people who are driving you crazy. 

Fiancé and I will be back in the place where he proposed to me a year ago.  There is something nice about that.  In fact, since the place holds special significance to us, it might be a wonderful site for some Crafting. 

I was already trying to figure out how to squeeze an impromptu, extremely simple Working into my schedule before we left, which would involve finding a time where either everyone would be out of the house or sleeping.  Again, the problem of temporarily moving back in with my parents is being super discrete about the things they don’t like (which is getting old). 

Long story short if you read my last post, you already have somewhat of an idea of what’s been going on.  I’ve built up a lot of resentment, frustration, and outright anger over some of the pointless situations that have been created, which I now have to deal with.  In fact, in the four or five days when I don’t have any contact/haven’t heard the latest bunch of crap generated for no reason, I often carry that anger and resentment with me.  I’ll fume while at my desk; I’ve lost sleep over it; and each time something new crops up, I get closer to losing my temper.  It’s not good for me, and I shouldn’t be causing strain or harm to myself because of someone else’s desire to be the queen of everyone’s lives. 

I need to let this all go.  I want to be the figurative stone in the creek and have her be the water.  Let her flow around me, but not move me.  Let the water not be able to penetrate but just move along and around my stone skin.  Granted, when you figure the science of erosion into the equation, it’s not a perfect metaphor, but I’m going with it.  I’m still working on the actual visualization and wording, though I think I’ll send most of my negative emotions down into the earth. 

Oh, and as promised, I said a while ago that I would let you know how a past Crafting session went  (Sit for a Spell).  It was somewhat successful on a personal level.  I wanted the person to leave me and mine alone until they got themselves together.  That has pretty much happened.  There were certain aspects that I worked in that did not end up being reflected in reality, but they had less to do with me and more to do with other people. 

I’m always hesitant to add things about others actions and thoughts into a Crafting session, and not because of the ethics around free will.  I’m just not sure it’s possible.  Maybe I’m just a little too scientifically minded sometimes, just a little too left-brained. 

I have no doubt that changing someone’s perspective can change his or her reality.  I know that I am fully capable of changing my own perspective, and I use the Craft to assist me with this.  But, how can I change someone else’s perception?  Obviously from a social perspective a change in my perception could affect my behavior, which in turn affects others I come into contact with (which could potentially set off a chain reaction of altered perceptions as it ripples outward), but there has to be some physical or verbal interaction in order to do this.  I don’t think sitting in a room performing a Craft Working and then being completely removed from the situation is going to enact any change.  This could explain why it’s easier to do workings for yourself rather than others. But, perhaps I’m being too skeptical. 

And perhaps I’m a bit of a hypocrite, since I have done working before where I was directly trying to affect someone else behavior and perception without being involved at all.  However, those times usually involved a heck of a lot of desperation on my part to stop circumstances that posed threats to people I care about (an abusive manager and a stalker, respectively).

Anyway, mysteries of the universe aside, I’m waxing on a little too much for this post I think. 

By the way, if anyone wants to debate me and my thoughts, please feel free to comment, email me, message me through Facebook, etc.  I’m completely open to ideas other than mine, so long as they aren’t presented as absolute fact when they can’t be proven to be so. 

-Susan